Friday, January 15, 2016

Papertrey Ink Release In Review



Hello and welcome back to our final Release In Review post for the January Papertrey Ink release.  All of the products you have been seeing over the past few days will be available at the Papertrey Ink online store tonight at 10:00pm EST! So much goodness!!

This is going to be a long one! I have so much to show! Since I didn't get my butterflies dies in time for the first group post, they also have been added to my post today. I am in love with this new release... seriously!!



I'm going to start with my butterfly cards! This one is using the new Bitty Butterflies stamp set and Bitty Butterflies Cover Plate. I cut one cover plate out with the chocolate brown card stock , then I stamped each of the butterflies in different colors. I added a small piece of Scor tape to the back of each one then inserted them back into the cutout spaces and bent them slightly so they would stand out. I stamped the sentiment and added it with foam tape.



Bitty Butterflies Cover Plate Card

STAMPS: Bitty  Butterflies
DIES: Cover Plate: Bitty Butterflies
PAPER: Stamper’s Select, Dark Chocolate
INK: Dark Chocolate, Limeade Ice,Summer Sunrise, Berry Sorbet, Hawaiian Shores, 
Raspberry Fizz, Orange Zest, Hibiscus Burst, Aqua Mist

***



And this one was created with Dawn's new Enclosed: Butterfly stamp set and dies. I used some of the Stars & Scribbles paper for my background. I cut the back of the butterfly out of some watercolored paper and glued three layers of the overlay on top. I glued a tiny strip of the Ombre Striped paper along the bottom edge, then added the embossed sentiments with foam tape.


Enclosed Butterfly Card

STAMPS: Enclosed: Butterfly, 
DIES: Enclosed: Butterfly
PAPER: Smokey Shadow card stock, Stamper’s Select, Stars & Scribbles Paper Pack, Ombre Stripes paper pack
INK: Versa Mark

***



For this one I used the new Cover Plate: Butterflies. Such a beautiful die! I watercolored some paper for the background. I cut the butterfly cover plate out of Stamper's Select white card stock and glued that down over the watercolor paper. I took the background pieces of white and went around the edges with my Copic makers, making tiny dots to make the butterflies stand out. The sentiment was stamped and embossed with white embossing powder.



Butterfly Cover Plate Card

STAMPS: Bitty Butterflies
DIES: Cover Plate: Butterfly Die, Tag Sale: Quilted
PAPER: Stamper’s Select
INK: Versa Mark



This card uses the new Keep It Simple: Baby and Tucked In: Baby stamp sets along with a previously released stamp set called Baby Button Bits. I also used the Tag Sale: Quilted die with some Lovely Lady Patterned paper to layer everything on.



And on the inside I stamped one of the sweet sentiments from Tucked In: Baby. I stamped some little leaves from Turning A New Leaf stamp set and added a little flower from Bitty Button Stacks.

Happy New Baby Card

STAMPS: Tucked In: Baby, Keep It Simple: Baby, Baby Button Bits, Turning a New Leaf
DIES: Baby Button Bits, Bitty Button Stacks, Button Stacks II, Tag Sale Quilted, Scene It: Basic Backer
PAPER: Stampers Select, Lovely Lady + White Basics, Ombre Stripes paper pack
INK: Stormy Sea, True Black

***



This card features the beautiful new Bold Blossoms stamp set from Dawn Mcvey. Dawn does the most beautiful flower sets! I just love this one! I added lots of little details to the flowers and leaves with my Copic markers.



You can see all of my details here in this close up. I even added a few green dots on the card itself in the background. That was kind of scary since I had finished the whole card before I did those! I so hoped that I wouldn't mess it up!

Bold Blossoms Card

STAMPS: Bold Blossoms
DIES: Bold Blossoms
PAPER: Stamper’s Select, Lovely Lady + White Paper collection
INK: Raspberry Fizz, Sweet Blush, Summer Sunrise, Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse, Ripe Avacado

***



And for my last project I used three new products coming out tonight: Thanks Coach, Go For The Goal, and Pennant Flag Dies. Both of my kids played soccer when they were young. Neither one of them were any good at all, but boy did we have fun going to the games and watching them play! My little boy, who is not so little anymore, had a purple uniform, so I made my card in the colors of his team. Such fun memories :)



I stacked the sentiments for dimension and I added the stars from Betsy's Scene It: Celebration to the background. I also stamped the Go For The Goal sentiment on the banner for a little visual interest ;)

Coach Card

STAMPS: Go For The Goal
DIES: Go For The Goal, Scene It: Celebration, Joyful Christmas, Thanks Coach, Pennant Flag Dies
PAPER: Stamper’s Select, Winter Wisteria, Soft Stone
INK: Royal Velvet, Winter Wisteria, Smokey Shadow


I want to thank you all so much for stopping by over the past few days for the Papertrey Ink countdown and for all of the nice comments you have left for me. They sure make me smile! :)

 Remember all of the new products will be available at Papertrey Ink  tonight at  10:00 PM EST!

Be sure and check out what all the other amazing design team members have done with these new products!




Hugs,

Kay :)


39 comments:

  1. What a fantastic line up of cards you created Kay! Each one is beautiful and amazing in its own way! First up...well...butterflies! You had me absolutely at butterflies. You made them shine in your own style. That one with the three and the watercolor paper...makes want to swoon it's so pretty! The flowers...be still my heart! I adore your use of flowers and the little dots...fabulous addition. Gosh, Kay...you do fabulous and magnificent work. Really and truly. Thank you SO much for sharing your creativity! I hope you get to enjoy a nice quiet weekend after the creating and sharing you have done this week!! :) Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A-mazing, Kay! My goodness, Every single card is beautiful! I love what you did with the Bold Blossoms card. The colors are fantastic! Thank you for incorporating an older stamp set (Baby Button Bits) with your baby card. It's nice to see it in a fresh new way! :) Beautiful job this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kay...your cards are amazing! Love each and everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply amazing! I love everything you create��

    ReplyDelete
  5. I simply adore butterfly cards!
    Cristina
    thehouseoftheblackbirds.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards, Kay! I didn't think I needed the Bold Blossoms set, but your cards have me rethinking that....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kay, your cards are always amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bitty butterfly cover plate card is a box of chocolate with colorful jellies inside waiting for me to taste. I adore this card and can almost smell the chocolate! I also think the butterfly cover plate card is just beautiful with its tiny polka dot watercolor effect background. These are GREAT cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your mix of old and new products, love the seemingly randomness of your coach card layers which come together perfectly and the interesting way you highlighted the butterflies on the cover plate! Thanks for sharing your talents!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love, love , love that layered Bold Blossoms card! The colors and the details make it such a stand-out! So much work! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the colors in your beautiful butterfly cards!

    Noreen
    Crafty Journal

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are amazing! What a lineup this morning. I could spend hours on each one, but just let me say, ALL gorgeous!!! OK, just a quick one. Your baby card is a standout! I wouldn't have thought I 'needed' that sweet little die, but it's release day, and I should never say no!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are beautiful! It truly is amazing what you do with ink and paper, Kay! It is a daily joy to wake up and see what you have created!Thanks for sharing it with us all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning and beautifully done Kay...awesome cards!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so gorgeous! You're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sigh. Incredibly gorgeous. All of them. Your use of colour is so stunning and your photography skills amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous and amazing projects, Kay! I sure hope you know how talented you are!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kay, you had my jaw dropping while scrolling through your entire post. You were one busy gal. Each one is so colorful and different but definitely your style. Love your added touches that enhance your focal images. Simply gorgeous, Kay!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Where do I begin? Every one of your cards are absolutely gorgeous, Kay! Beautiful watercoloring, and pairing of your stamps and dies...Wow! Love the inside of your baby card, and how you used those lovely patterned papers, too! You are such a wonderful enabler...after seeing your posts over the past few days, I want everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So nice...all of the cards are so beautiful... Love the baby card!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful cards Kay! So many wonderful details! You did it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your extra details really make the Bold Blossoms set outstanding:))

    ReplyDelete
  23. I couldn't begin to say how much I adore your cards ... so allow me a very big LOve them all... and the butterflies with the brown? brilliant!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful beautiful cards Kay. Your Bold Blossoms card has to be my current favourite card of yours! Wow, I love how you added all the Copic details!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stunning cards as always Kay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW!!!All so gorgeous..stunning work!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Well, you've done it again!! Way to rock the release Kay. All of your cards are incredible. LOVE the last floral card, just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You just made my list get longer! Oh my goodness so many beautiful cards! The flower card is absolutely amazing, the tiny butterflies as well! Ditto to what everyone else said!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You are amazingly talented, Kay! Your designs are truly inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I knew you would do amazing things with those butterflies when you got your hands on them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Kay,

    I was doing the customary "uuuhh's and aaaahh's" first with the butterflies and then the baby, but when I got to Bold Blossoms....you rendered me speechless!!! Holy "Alcapurria"(yummy Puerto Rican fritter) I was mesmerized and enthralled and bedazzle by this card!!! You, my friend are an artist ,having said that I wouldn't mind giving you my address so that you can send me this particular card with your autograph.....PRETTY PLEASE!!!

    Cariños,
    María Alba

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria thanks so much for your sweet comments! They always make me smile :) I am so sorry, but I have already promised this card to someone. Let me know if there is another one you like :)

      Delete
  32. Dear Kay, All of your cards are absolutely stunning! I love your "happy" color combinations and the fine detail you added using Copic markers.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your coach, baby and blooms creations are fantastic, but you have DONE ME IN with your butterfly cards! Breath-takingly beautiful; jaw-dropping stunning! I can't even compose a coherent comment, given the depth of how enamoured I am! Speechless in love!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  34. Marisela Delgado said: Kay, I just had to comment on your craft card with all of the butterflies. It is just so lovely. I always enjoy your projects. You choose such lovely colors. You inspire me. Keep it up, girl!! your friend, Marisela Delgado in San Antonio, Texas mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow!! Gorgeous cards! You did a fantastic job showcasing the new release!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your butterfly cover plate card is amazing! Your watercoloring is so pretty. Do you mind me asking what watercolor paper you used? It has such a pretty texture. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your nice comment! :) I use Master's Touch watercolor paper. It's from Hobby Lobby! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read and appreciate each and every one so much! Hugs :)